Then Barbara Met Alan is a drama TV film released and broadcast on the BBC on March 21, 2022. It has a runtime of 67 minutes and was co-directed by Bruce Goodison and Amit Sharma.
Then Barbara Met Alan tells the true story of how Barbara Lisicki and Alan Holdsworth became pioneering advocates for handicapped rights in the United Kingdom. The film starred Ruth Madeley as Barbara Lisicki, Arthur Hughes as Alan Holdsworth, Phillipa Cole as Sue, Mat Fraser as Mat, and Liz Carr as Liz.
How to watch Then Barbara Met Alan in Canada & US for Free
Then Barbara Met Alan is a British romance drama mini-series streaming on BBC iPlayer in the UK. If you want to watch Then Barbara Met Alan in USA and Canada, then follow these steps.
- Get ExpressVPN for BBC iPlayer (12+3 month free special deal)
- Download the VPN app on your preferred device
- Select a British IP address from the country list
- Now open BBC.com/iplayer on your browser
- Search Then Barbara Met Alan on iPlayer from the United States
- Enjoy the series
How to get a BBC iPlayer account in the US & Canada
Unfortunately, BBC iPlayer is only accessible in the United Kingdom, but that doesn’t mean you can not use it from the United States or Canada. By following the below steps, you can stream Then Barbara Met Alan on BBC from Canada and USA:
- Get ExpressVPN for BBC iPlayer (30-day money-back guarantee)
- Connect to a British IP address (UK – Dockland)
- Open BBC.co.uk in your browser or click here
- Click on Sign in, which is located in the top left corner
- It will redirect you to another page now click on register now
- Select your age (Below 16 or Above 16)
- Add your date of birth, email ID, and password
- Select the United Kingdom as your country and add “E16 1AD or E16 2AF” as the postal code for Dockland
- Verify your email address
- Done! Now you have access to BBC iPlayer in the US and Canada.
Then Barbara Met Alan- Trailer
Then Barbara Met Alan– Plot & Synopsis
The film centers on two cabaret performers, comic Barbara and activist-performer Alan, who fall in love after meeting during a show in 1989. They helped form DAN, the Handicapped People’s Direct Action Network, and spearheaded rallies for disabled people’s rights, which finally resulted in the Disability Discrimination Act of 1995, fueled by their enthusiasm and personal experiences of abuse by a racist and sexist culture.
As the movement expands and the couple has their kid, the strain on their relationship rises. The best fact about the film was that to increase aid for disabled groups, the production prioritized handicapped talent and visibility, with 17 disabled performers, 55 disabled supporting actors, and 50% senior editorial team representation.
Barbara Lisicki also contributed to the production by giving archive documents and historical advice to make the film as accurate as possible.
Then Barbara Met Alan– Ratings
The film dealt with a very serious subject and something that needs to be much more present on the screen. Due to this, it received mostly positive reviews, which praised the actors, narrative, and attitude toward disabilities throughout the film.
It had an IMDb rating of 7.7 out of 10, making it one of the best telefilms ever produced by BBC.
Then Barbara Met Alan– Cast
- Ruth Madeley as Barbara Lisicki
- Arthur Hughes as Alan Holdsworth
- Phillipa Cole as Sue
- Mat Fraser as Mat
- Liz Carr as Liz
What Else Can You Watch On BBC iPlayer?
BBC is one of the world’s oldest and most honored content producers. Below are some movies and tv shows you should check on BBC:
- Vienna Blood
- Mood (2022)
- You Don’t Know Me
- Bloodlands (2021)
- The Pact
- The Responder
- Gold Digger
- Hope Street
- Happy Valley
- Call the Mid Wife
- Death in Paradise
- Gossip Girl
- A Teacher
- The Pursuit of Love
If you enjoy watching British television films so Then Barbara Met Alan is for you. Watch Then Barbara Met Alan in USA and Canada with ExpressVPN.
We have tested ExpressVPN to unblock BBC iPlayer, HBO Max, Hulu, etc, and it worked excellently. Therefore it is highly recommended to all our readers.