Call The Midwife is a British Drama Series released on BBC One for the first time on January 15th, 2012. The series is currently stretched to 11 seasons, which is rare as the BBC does not produce that many seasons of a single show. There are about 95 episodes of the shows that have been released.
According to the sources, the 12th Season of the show is on its way as its filming has already started. The creator of this show is Heidi Thomas, and different directors directed different episodes. The show starred Helen George, Laura Main, Stephen McGann, Jessica Raine, and other actors in the lead cast. If you are wondering how to watch Call The Midwife online for free then you have landed on the right page.
How to watch Call The Midwife in the US for free| Watch it on iPlayer
Call The Midwife is a British drama series that is available on BBC iPlayer for free streaming but only in the UK. If you are residing anywhere outside the UK like in the United States or Canada then follow these steps to watch Call The Midwife online for free:
- Get ExpressVPN for BBC iPlayer (12+3 month free special deal)
- Download the VPN app on your device of choice like (a PC, Mobile, or Smart TV)
- Now connect to a British IP address from the list (UK – Dockland)
- Open BBC iPlayer on your browser or in-app
- Search Call the Midwife on BBC iPlayer from US & Canada
- Enjoy the show
How to get a BBC iPlayer account in the US & Canada
Getting a BBC account in the United States becomes easy with a VPN. Just follow the steps to subscribe to BBC iPlayer from the US and Canada.
- Get ExpressVPN for BBC iPlayer (30-day money-back guarantee)
- Connect to a British IP address (UK – Dockland)
- Open BBC.co.uk in your browser or click here
- Click on Sign in which is located in the top left corner
- It will redirect you to another page, now click on register now
- Select your age (Below 16 or Above 16)
- Add your date of birth, email ID, and password
- Select the United Kingdom as your country and add “E16 1AD or E16 2AF” as the postal code for Dockland
- Verify your email address
- Done! now you have access to BBC iPlayer in the US and Canada
Note: When you select Call the Midwife on BBC iPlayer, it will ask you “Do you have a TV license?” just click on “Yes I have” and play the show. (BBC iPlayer does not verify)
Where else can you watch Call The Midwife online
Call the Midwife is available on a number of VOD services, some of which are listed below:
- In the US, you can watch Call the Midwife on Netflix(10 seasons), Hopla, Pluto TV have a limited number of seasons.
- In the UK, Call the Midwife is available on BBC iPlayer, Sky Go, Birdbox, etc.
- In Canada, this British drama is available on Birtbox, Hopla, CBC Gem, etc.
- In Australia, you can watch Call the Midwife on Foxtel Now, Birdbox, Stan, and Binge (the eleventh season of Call the Midwife is not available on any streaming service in Australia).
What else can you watch with a VPN?
There are a number of movies and TV shows you can stream with a VPN, some of them are listed below:
- Conversation with Friends
- Show trial
- Doctor Who
- Green Planet
- His Dark Materials
- Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Celebration
- You Don’t Know Me
- Four Lives
- A Very British Scandal
- The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Celebration
- Peaky Blinders
- Mayans M.C
- Happy Valley
Call The Midwife- Trailer
Call The Midwife- Plot
The show’s story is adapted from the novel “Call the Midwife: A true story of the East End in the 1950s” by Jennifer Worth. The story is set in 1950s London and follows Jenny, a twenty-two-year-old young woman who has left her home, joined Nonnatus House, and started living with a group of nurses to become a midwife.
Working alongside other nurses and trained nuns, Jenny, who comes from a stable household, realizes the harsh realities of life, which significantly impacts her personality. Even after Jenny leaves the Nonnatus House, she continues to support and examine the lives of her older colleagues, who have now become her family.
Call The Midwife- Ratings
Even after 11 seasons, the show’s viewership has not declined, and it is watched and liked in Great Britain, the USA, and other parts of the world. IMDb rating of the show is 8.5 out of 10, which is pretty solid and denotes that it is appraised highly by the average audience and the critics.
If you are into British dramas, you would love to watch Call the Midwife on BBC iPlayer from the US or Canada. The series is available on iPlayer for free in the UK. If you reside outside the UK, employ a VPN to stream it on iPlayer.
We have used ExpressVPN to watch BBC iPlayer in the US, and it worked every time; therefore, we highly recommend getting an ExpressVPN subscription with a fantastic three-month free deal.