Inspired by a novel titled The Missing File by author Dror Mishani, The Calling is an upcoming television series that revolves around NYPD Detective Avraham Avraham. The show is created by David E. Kelley, who has been the brains behind some popular crime dramas, including Boston Legal, The Lincoln Lawyer, and Big Little Lies. Moreover, Academy Award-winning director Barry Levinson serves as one of its producers while directing the pilot episode.
Starring actor Jeff Wilbusch in the lead role, The Calling is heading to Peacock on November 10, 2022. The cast also includes Juliana Canfield, Karen Robinson, and Michael Mosley. Moreover, the series will consist of eight 60-minute-long episodes. So, if you are a fan of crime thrillers and cop dramas, you may want to keep reading to learn more about watching The Calling in Canada.
Where to watch The Calling in Canada?
The Calling is an upcoming American TV show heading to Peacock TV. All you need is an active Peacock account to watch The Calling in the US. Peacock is available for $4.99 a month or $49.99 per year, excluding tax.
Things are still unclear in Canada, we have to wait and see if the series land on Canadian streaming services like Crave and CTV. However, you can watch The Calling on Peacock TV from Canada with ExpressVPN.
How to watch The Calling in Canada on Peacock TV
The Calling is the story of a detective in NYPD where a routine investigation turns to become an ugly one. The series is heading to Peacock in the US and can also be watched in Canada with a VPN. Follow these steps:
- Get ExpressVPN for Peacock (12+3 month free special deal)
- Download the VPN app on your preferred device (PC, Mobile, or gaming Console)
- Select a US IP address from the list (USA – Sanfrancisco)
- Now open Peacock.com on your browser or in the app
- Search The Calling (2022) on Peacock TV from Canada
- Enjoy the series
How to get a Peacock Premium Subscription from Canada or Outside the US
Unfortunately, Peacock is not available in Canada, but that does not mean you can not have a Peacock account subscription in Canada. Follow these steps to get a Peacock account:
- Get ExpressVPN for Peacock ($6.67/mo with 12+3 months free special deal)
- Download the VPN app on your device of choice (Mobile, Smart TV, or Tablet)
- Connect a US server from the list (USA – San Francisco)
- Open Peacocktv.com on your PC, Moblie or Smart TV
- Click Sign In on the top right corner
- It will take you to the sign-in screen, it will ask, “New to Peacock? Join for Free”
- Click join for free
- Enter your details; email address, name, password, and zip code (any US zip code will work, Peacock does not verify)
- Done, your account is created, and now you can stream The Calling (2022) in Canada on Peacock.
The Calling- Trailer
Peacock has released a trailer for this series on its official YouTube channel and gained over 2 million views in a short period.
The Calling- Plot
NYPD Detective Avraham takes his job very seriously. He is passionate about solving cases, finding the people who have gone missing, and helping the victims of crime through his peculiar observational skills.
A Normal Investigation Takes a Disturbing Turn
Detective Avraham, a character loosely based on the primary character depicted in The Missing File, is a profoundly religious man who believes in spirituality and has a firm belief in the goodness of humankind. However, things take a dark turn when an apparently regular investigation into a case transforms into something far more sinister and unimaginable than the detective could have predicted.
A Detective with a Complex Character
One of the best things about Detective Avraham is his complex and multifaceted personality. While he is completely devoted to his work and believes solving murder and missing person cases to be his true calling, he is also someone who struggles not to lose himself in his job. Moreover, he is haunted by his past life experiences.
Close Relations with His Work Family
The detective also enjoys close relationships with some of his NYPD colleagues, most noticeably rookie detective Janine Harris, veteran officer Earl Malzone, and his boss, Capt. Helen Davies. The Calling also features some bits of lightheartedness and comedy to keep things from getting too serious, which will hopefully balance out the story’s dark and gritty elements.
The Calling- Release Date
The Calling is heading to Peacock TV in the United States. The series will release on November 10, 2022. Ratings are unavailable on IMDb and Metacritic. However, the popularity score is skyrocketing on IMDb with 4011 points.
The Calling- Cast
- Jeff Wilbusch as Avraham Avraham
- Juliana Canfield as Janine Harris
- Karen Robinson as Captain Kathleen Davies
- Michael Mosley as Detective Earl Malzone
- Tony Curran as John Wentworth
- Noel Fisher as Zack Miller
- Stephanie Szostak as Nora Conte
- Annabelle Dexter-Jones as Dania Miller
- Steven Pasquale as Leonard Conte.
What else can you watch on Peacock with a VPN?
Peacock has some of the best movies and tv shows for its subscribers. Here are some of the best movies and tv shows:
- A Friend of the Family
- Vampire Academy
- Love Island USA Season 4
- Hart to Heart Season 2
- The Rebellious Life of Mrs. Rosa Parks
- The Hillside Strangler: Devil in Disguise
- The End is Nye
- Last Light
- Abominable and the Invisible City
- Prince Andrew: Banished
- Halloween Ends 2022
- I Love You, You Hate Me
- One of Us Is Lying season 2
If you enjoy procedural police dramas or can’t get enough of crime series, you cannot miss out on The Calling. So, make sure to add the Peacock original show to your To-Watch list this November. Watch The Calling in Canada on Peacock with ExpressVPN.
We have tested ExpressVPN to watch Peacock, Paramount, Hulu, etc, from Canada, and it worked. Therefore we recommend ExpressVPN to all our readers and subscribers.