Gentleman Jack is a British historical drama miniseries released on BBC One for the first time on April 22nd, 2019. The series is currently stretched to 2 seasons. There are about 11 episodes of the shows that have been released, and the second season is still running. According to the sources, there is no news about the show’s third season; however, it is not canceled yet.
The creator of this show is Sally Wainwright, who is also the show’s writer, and she also directed some of the episodes. The show starred Surrane Jones and Sophie Rundle as the main cast. If you are wondering where to watch Gentleman Jack in USA and Canada, read on.
How to watch Gentleman Jack in Canada & US for Free
Gentleman Jack is a British show which is streaming on BBC iPlayer in the UK. If you wish to watch Gentleman Jack in USA and Canada, then follow these steps:
- Get ExpressVPN for BBC iPlayer (12+3 month free special deal)
- Download the VPN app on your preferred device
- Select a British IP address from the country list
- Now open BBC.com/iplayer on your browser
- Search Gentleman Jack on iPlayer from the United States
- Enjoy the series
How to get a BBC iPlayer account in the US & Canada
Unfortunately, BBC iPlayer is only available in the United Kingdom, but that does not mean you can not access it from the United States or Canada. Follow these steps to watch I May Destroy You on BBC from Canada and USA:
- Get ExpressVPN for BBC iPlayer (30-day money-back guarantee)
- Connect to a British IP address (UK – Dockland)
- Open BBC.co.uk in your browser or click here
- Click on Sign in, which is located in the top left corner
- It will redirect you to another page now click on register now
- Select your age (Below 16 or Above 16)
- Add your date of birth, email ID, and password
- Select the United Kingdom as your country and add “E16 1AD or E16 2AF” as the postal code for Dockland
- Verify your email address
- Done! Now you have access to BBC iPlayer in the US and Canada.
Gentleman Jack- Trailer
Gentleman Jack- Plot & Synopsis
The story of the show is from the year 1832, when Miss Anne Lister, who is a very inspiring and brilliant person, leaves Hasting and goes to the countryside of England, specifically Halifax, West Yorkshire, to repair and restore the real estate which was once her uncle’s but now she has inherited it. Upon reaching there, she found that now, among all the other properties, she is also the rightful owner of a coal mine on the family land, but two brothers illegally occupy it. After the transfer of the ownership, Miss Anne became the landowner, which was quite uncommon in those times. Meanwhile, she falls in a dangerous romantic relationship with another woman who writes an encrypted diary that only she can read.
Gentleman Jack- Ratings
The show has a unique storyline and has very diverse and realistic approach. The main focus is not on one thing, but many things are going on all along. The show is well-liked and appreciated by audiences worldwide. The show has an excellent rating of 8.2 out of 10 on IMDb, and on Rotten Tomatoes, it has an amazing rating of 95%.
Gentleman Jack- Cast
- Suranne Jones as Anne Lister
- Sophie Rundle as Ann Walker
- Joe Armstrong as Samuel Washington
- Amelia Bullmore as Eliza Priestley
- Rosie Cavaliero as Elizabeth Cordingley
- Gemma Whelan as Marian Lister
- Gemma Jones as Aunt Anne Lister
- Timothy West as Capt. Jeremy Lister
- Tom Lewis as Thomas Sowden
What Else Can You Watch On BBC iPlayer?
BBC is considered one of the world’s oldest and most prestigious content producers in the world. Here are some movies and tv shows you should check out on BBC:
- I may destroy you
- Everything I Know About Love
- You Don’t Know Me
- A Very British Scandal
- Prime Suspect
- Mayans M.C
- Happy Valley
- Call the Mid Wife
- Small Axe
- Noughts + Crosses
If you like watching British tv shows, then Gentleman Jack is for you. Watch Gentleman Jack in USA and Canada with ExpressVPN. We have tested ExpressVPN to unblock BBC iPlayer. HBO Max, Hulu, etc, and it worked perfectly. Therefore we highly recommend it to all our readers.