While HBO has been the media and entertainment industry’s giant for decades, HBO Max is a relatively new feature it has launched to keep up with the times. Despite being launched as recently as 2020, HBO Max is already competing with streaming giants like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Disney.
Can you watch HBO on Discord?
The short answer is yes. We have tested multiple ways to stream HBO Max on Discord, and it worked. Since HBO has cemented its name in the streaming industry, it is wise to know how to create a watch party and watch HBO shows on Discord with your friends.
Discord’s star has been on the rise for a while now. The gamer’s paradise has now started to gain a significant non-gaming user base that is more interested in utilizing it for streaming movies and TV shows.
So today, we’ll learn how to stream HBO Max on Discord.
How to Stream HBO Max on Discord?
If you have been trying to figure out how to watch HBO Max on Discord, then use the steps below to configure Discord for streaming:
- Launch HBO Max on your preferred browser, and start streaming your favorite movie or TV show.
- Then, pause the movie or TV show and open Discord.
- In Discord, navigate to the ‘Gear’ icon in the bottom left corner to open Discord settings.
- On the Settings page, go to the ‘Activity Status’ tab in the left sidebar.
- Click the ‘Add it!’ button next to ‘Not seeing your game?’
- In the drop-down menu that appears, pick your browser and add it to the game list manually.
- Click the ‘Stream’ icon on the server where you wish to stream HBO Max. OR. You can join a voice channel and then choose the browser you’re using to access HBO Max from the ‘Share screen’ option in the bottom left.
- Set your desired voice channel and resolution. Without Discord Nitro, you can only stream on 720p at 30 fps. If you subscribe to Discord Nitro, HBO Max on Discord is accessible in 1080p at 60 fps.
- Click the “Go Live” button to begin streaming after selecting the channel you want to stream on.
- Once you’re through, other users on the server can start an HBO Max party on Discord by clicking the ‘Live’ button in the voice channels.
- You can end the watch party for all the participants inside the voice channel by using the ‘End Call’ button when you want to do so.
Done! Now you can easily watch your favorite HBO show on Discord. If you like watching movies and tv shows with friends, here is a complete guide to streaming Netflix on Discord without a black screen.
How To Stream HBO Max on Discord Without Black Screen?
We have tested the below-mentioned steps to watch HBO on Discord without the black screen, and it worked perfectly. Follow these steps in the below-mentioned order to stream HBO Max on Discord in 2023.
1- Turn off Hardware Acceleration on Browser
The black screen is the most common concern when streaming HBO Max on Discord.
Turn off hardware acceleration in your browser to avoid a black screen while watching HBO Max on Discord.
We have tested Chrome, Firefox, and Edge to watch HBO Max and Disney on Discord. Here are the most prominent browsers’ methods for disabling hardware acceleration are listed below:
Steps to Disable Hardware Acceleration on Google Chrome:
- Open Chrome
- Click on the vertical three-dot menu in the upper right corner.
- Select ‘Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
- Navigate to the ‘System’ tab from the left sidebar.
- Go to the ‘Advanced’ options, and click the toggle that says ‘Use hardware acceleration when available’ to turn it off.
- Restart Chrome.
Disable Hardware Acceleration on Edge:
- Open Microsoft Edge
- Click on the horizontal three dots menu in the upper right corner.
- Select ‘Settings’ from the menu.
- On the settings page, click on ‘System.’
- In the ‘System’ settings, click the ‘Use hardware acceleration when available’ toggle to turn it off.
- Restart Microsoft Edge.
→ Did you know you can share your PS4 screen on Discord?
Disable Hardware Acceleration on Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Click on the horizontal three lines menu near the upper right corner.
- Navigate to the ‘Performance’ area under the ‘General’ tab.
- Uncheck the checkbox labeled ‘Use suggested performance settings.’
- Another checkbox will appear.
- Uncheck the checkbox that says, ‘Use hardware acceleration when available.’
2- Clear the Discord Cache
A cache buildup can often block application functionality. Another thing you could do is clear your Discord cache to get rid of the Discord HBO Max Black Screen. Here is how you can do it:
- Close your Discord application.
- Open the Run command box by pressing Windows + R.
- Type in “%appdata%” and click OK.
- A folder will open up.
- There will be another folder named Discord in it.
- Look for a folder called Cache.
- Delete the Cache folder.
How to watch HBO Max on Discord from the United States?
In the United States, streaming practices can vary from those in other regions due to legal restrictions and other constraints that may impact HBO Max streaming on Discord. However, we have successfully shared our HBO Max screen via Discord to enjoy various movies and TV shows.
To ensure complete anonymity, we recommend using a trustworthy VPN that can modify your IP address. An ExpressVPN subscription is our top choice for altering your IP address, enabling you to securely stream HBO Max content on Discord without encountering issues like black screens or other cyber threats.
Follow these steps to stream HBO Max on Discord in the United States securely:
1- Sign up for a reliable VPN to change your IP (We highly recommend ExpressVPN and NordVPN after testing)
2- Download the VPN application on your preferred device. (Both ExpressVPN and NordVPN have dedicated apps for several devices like PC, Mac, and Android devices)
3- Select another American server from the country list
4- Now open HBO Max in your browser or in-app
5- Open the Discord app on your desktop PC or Mobile
6- Follow the above-mentioned steps to watch HBO Max on Discord
How to Stream HBO Max on Discord Via PC?
A third-party program like OBS or Xsplit will allow you to broadcast HBO Max on Discord without experiencing black screens.
- Firstly, download and install OBS or Xsplit on your system.
- Open the application and set up a new scene.
- Add a “Window Capture” source and select the Netflix window you want to share.
- In the Discord app, join a server or create a new one.
- Navigate to “User Settings” and then the “Voice & Video” tab.
- In the “Video Settings” section, select the OBS or Xsplit scene you set up.
- Congratulations, no black screen on your stream.
→ Did you know you can share your stream Switch on Discord?
We have tested the above-mentioned steps to share the HBO screen on Discord, and it worked perfectly.
You can now easily stream HBO Max on Discord anytime to enjoy a movie night with your friends and family with no hassle. Tweaking a few settings on your browser and Discord app is all it takes.