Alongside fierce rivals, Netflix and Amazon Prime, Disney Plus has firmly established itself as one of the top 3 streaming services worldwide in 2023. People all over the world are trying to work out how to stream Disney Plus on Discord as its fame grows and it offers a treasure trove of movies and TV shows. But first, let’s take a look at how popular Discord is.
Discord started operating in 2015 and has quickly expanded to become one of the most popular forums and chat rooms for gamers. Discord is unquestionably one of the most well-known websites in the world, with over 150 million users. It is no longer limited to talking with your friends; you can now watch Netflix and Disney Plus with them too.
Let’s walk you through the process of streaming Disney Plus on Discord.
How To Stream Disney Plus on Discord Without Black Screen?
We need to fix a few major issues before we can start streaming Disney Plus on Discord. The main challenge here is DRM protection and how to stream Disney Plus without a black screen. You must’ve encountered a blank screen if you tried streaming Disney Plus, Amazon Prime, or Netflix on Discord.
Let’s look at how to stream Disney Plus on Discord without experiencing any black screen.
1- Download the Discord App on Windows or Mac
Discord is available as both a web application and a PC software. So, you won’t be able to stream Disney Plus on Discord if you use the web browser on your PC or Mac. You must first install the Disney Plus app on your device, PC or MAC.
Use the QR code or your credentials to sign in to Discord.
2- Turn off Hardware Acceleration on Browser
The black screen is the most common concern for streamers while sharing their Disney Plus screen on Discord.
If we talk about how to stream Disney plus on Discord without black screen, then we have to talk about hardware acceleration on browsers.
Turn off hardware acceleration in your browser to avoid a black screen while watching Disney Plus on Discord.
Below you can find the instructions to disable hardware acceleration on Chrome, Edge and Firefox.
If your browser isn’t listed above, check for the hardware acceleration option in its settings and disable it.
The most prominent browsers’ methods for disabling hardware acceleration are listed below:
Steps to Disable Hardware Acceleration on Google Chrome:
- Open Chrome
- Click on the vertical three-dot menu in the upper right corner.
- Select ‘Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
- Navigate to the ‘System’ tab from the left sidebar.
- Go to ‘Advanced’ options, and click on the toggle that says ‘Use hardware acceleration when available’ to turn it off.
- Restart Chrome.
Disable Hardware Acceleration on Edge:
- Open Microsoft Edge
- Click on the horizontal three dots menu in the upper right corner.
- Select ‘Settings’ from the menu.
- On the settings page, click on ‘System’
- Inside the ‘System’ settings, click on the ‘Use hardware acceleration when available’ toggle to turn it off.
- Restart Microsoft Edge.
Disable Hardware Acceleration on Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Click on the horizontal three lines menu near the upper right corner.
- Navigate to the ‘Performance’ area under the ‘General’ tab.
- Uncheck the checkbox labeled ‘Use suggested performance settings.’
- Another checkbox will appear.
- Uncheck the checkbox that says, ‘Use hardware acceleration when available.’
3- How to Stream Disney Plus on Discord via PC
Now that you’ve disabled hardware acceleration, you can watch Disney Plus on Discord. Use the steps below to begin configuring Discord for streaming:
- Launch Disney Plus on your preferred browser, and start streaming your favorite movie or TV show.
- Then, pause the movie or TV show and open Discord.
- In Discord, navigate to the ‘Gear’ icon in the bottom left corner to open Discord settings.
- On the Settings page, in the left sidebar, go to the ‘Activity Status’ tab.
- Click the ‘Add it!’ button next to ‘Not seeing your game?’
- In the dropdown menu that appears, pick your browser and add it to the game list manually.
- Click the ‘Stream’ icon on the server where you wish to stream Disney Plus. OR. You can join a voice channel and then choose the browser you’re using to access Disney Plus from the ‘Share screen’ option in the bottom left.
- Set your desired voice channel and resolution. Without Discord Nitro, only 720p at 30 fps may be streamed. If you subscribe to Discord Nitro, Disney Plus on Discord is then accessible in 1080p at 60 fps.
- Click the “Go Live” button to begin streaming after selecting the channel you want to stream on.
- Once you’re through, other users on the server can start a Disney Plus party on Discord by clicking the ‘Live’ button in the voice channels.
- The watch party can be ended for all the participants inside the voice channel by using the ‘End Call’ button when you want to do so.
How to watch Disney Plus on Discord from the United States?
In the United States, streaming practices can vary from those in other regions due to legal restrictions and other constraints that may impact Disney Plus streaming on Discord. However, we have successfully shared our Disney Plus screen via Discord to enjoy various movies and TV shows.
To ensure complete anonymity, we recommend using a trustworthy VPN that can modify your IP address. An ExpressVPN subscription is our top choice for altering your IP address, enabling you to securely stream Disney Plus content on Discord without encountering issues like black screens or other cyber threats.
Follow these steps to stream Disney Plus on Discord in the United States securely:
1- Sign up for a reliable VPN to change your IP (We highly recommend ExpressVPN and NordVPN after testing)
2- Download the VPN application on your preferred device. (Both ExpressVPN and NordVPN have dedicated apps for several devices like PC, Mac, and Android devices)
3- Select an American server from the country list (This will mask your original IP)
4- Now open Disney Plus in your browser or in-app
5- Open the Discord app on your desktop PC or Mobile
6- Follow the above-mentioned steps to watch Disney Plus on Discord
How to Stream Disney Plus on Discord Mobile?
We have tested Discord on mobile to watch Disney Plus, and here are the steps you need to follow do that.
- Open the Disney Plus app.
- Create an account or Log in to an existing one.
- Choose the movie/show you want to stream.
- Click on the share icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- In the share menu, click on the Discord icon.
- Choose your preferred Discord channel for streaming.
- Click on the share button to start streaming.
How to Stream Disney Plus on Discord on Fire TV Stick / Android TV?
You must first set up the content on Disney Plus and then go live on Discord in order to watch Disney Plus on Discord on your Fire TV stick. The only thing left to do is connect your PC to your TV once the Discord call has been established.
Typically, an HDMI cable is used to connect this device to the TV. This method works wonderfully, but the main drawback is that no one has an HDMI cable long enough to simultaneously enjoy movies and participate in video chats.
To fix this, we can use the Chromecast or Miracast feature on the Smart TV or Fire TV stick. You may do this on an Android smart TV in addition to the Fire TV stick.
This is how you have to go about setting up a watch party on your TV or Fire TV Stick.
- Click on the Alexa button on your Amazon Fire TV Remote and say “Air screen”.
- From the list of apps, choose the first one and download the Air Screen app on your Fire TV Stick. If you’re using an Android TV, then you can download the same via the Play Store.
- Open the Air Screen app once you’re finished. This will fully enable applications like Miracast and Chromecast on your Android TV or Fire TV stick. It is possible to skip using this software if your television already has these features built-in, but we’d still advise you to because of how robust it is.
- After that, you may mirror your Laptop on Android TV using the Air screen app. The challenge now is to set up the entire framework we developed before, which enables us to use Disney Plus on Discord and then screencast.
- On your computer, set up the Disney Plus watch party. Now click on “Project” from the action center menu in the bottom right corner of your Windows PC. You can alternatively click “Connect” and then pick the specific device you want to use.
- Now select your TV/Fire TV stick from the list.
You may now use your Firestick to host a watch party on Discord.
With this technique, you may watch a movie on a big screen while talking with your friends using the webcam and microphone on your PC.
How to Stream Disney Plus on Discord with Plex
You may broadcast your content to Discord and other devices using the media server Plex. It is simple to set up and is free to use.
You must install a Plex media server and link it to your Discord account in order to stream Disney Plus on the platform. Here is how you can do this.
To stream Disney Plus on Discord, perform the following steps:
- Create a Plex account
- Install the software on your PC.
- Sign in to your account and click on the “Add Library” button.
- From the options, select “Movies” and click “Next”.
- Click the “Browse For Media Folder” button and click on the folder where your Disney Plus content is stored.
- Click on “Add Library” and wait for Plex to index your movies and shows.
- From the Discord App Store, install the “Plex for Discord” app.
- Click the “Add to Discord” button and sign in to your account on the app.
- Grant access to your Plex account to the app and click the “Authorize” button.
- Find the “Plex for Discord” app in the list of options and click “Add”.
- In the Discord app and click on the “+” icon next to your username.
- From the list of options, select “Plex for Discord” and click “Join”.
- Select whatever you want to watch and click the “Play” button.
What is hardware acceleration chrome?
Hardware acceleration is a process that enables a software program to delegate certain tasks to the hardware components of a computer. This allows these tasks to be executed more efficiently than if they were handled solely by the software. The hardware is purpose-built to expedite certain functions more quickly than the software running solely on the CPU.
In the context of Google Chrome, hardware acceleration employs your computer’s Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) to handle graphics-heavy tasks. This includes activities such as video playback, gaming, or any task that demands rapid mathematical computations. By allocating these specific tasks to the GPU, it allows the Central Processing Unit (CPU) to focus on other tasks, taking advantage of the GPU’s ability to execute processes it’s specifically designed for.
Although hardware acceleration generally enhances performance, it can occasionally lead to issues in Chrome. It might cause the browser to become slow, unresponsive, or even crash. In some cases, it may also hasten the depletion of your laptop’s battery. The problem may lie within the GPU or its corresponding driver, and this can vary from one computer to another. If you suspect hardware acceleration is causing issues, the most straightforward solution is to disable it and check if the situation improves.
Did you know you can watch get Discord on PS4 and enjoy your favorite games with your buddy gamers?
This is how you can screen share Disney Plus on Discord without blank screens or any problems. The only problem is that switching tabs in your preferred browser will make everything you do while streaming visible on your stream, so be mindful of that while you stream.