Presenting the origin story of a mysterious terrorist, Ghosts of Beirut is an upcoming television series that will keep you on the edge of your seat through its four-episode run. The espionage thriller revolves around the search for the man who is considered responsible for giving rise to the suicide bombing and has been deemed one of the most notorious extremist masterminds of all time.
If you are here to find out where to watch Ghosts of Beirut in Canada, read this guide to the last.
Where to watch Ghosts of Beirut in Canada?
Ghosts of Beirut is an upcoming American show heading to Showtime in the United States. Since Showtime is a regionally restricted streaming service, not accessible in Canada, you will need a reliable VPN to get it.
We recommend getting an ExpressVPN to unblock Showtime and watch Ghosts of Beirut from Canada.
How to watch Ghosts of Beirut in Canada?
Ghosts of Beirut is heading to Showtime in the United States. Get an ExpressVPN account subscription to change your IP address and watch Ghosts of Beirut in Canada by following these steps.
1- Sign Up for a reliable VPN to access the Australian library of Paramount (We recommend ExpressVPN and NordVPN after testing them). You can get an amazing 12+3 month free special deal if you sign up for ExpressVPN.
2- Download the VPN app on your preferred device (ExpressVPN and NordVPN have dedicated apps for all devices of daily use, including PC, Mac, iPhone, Android devices, and Linux systems)
3- Select an American IP address in the VPN app
4- Now open Showtime on your browser or in-app
5- Search Ghosts of Beirut on Paramount Plus
Ghosts of Beirut release date
Directed by Greg Barker, Ghosts of Beirut is set to release on Friday, May 19, on Showtime’s streaming site and will air on Linear on May 21 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. It features an incredible cast led by Dermot Mulroney and Dina Shihabi.
The limited series, consisting of four episodes, narrates the beginnings of the 21-year-old Mughniyeh, also known as “The Ghost.” This enigmatic Lebanese terrorist managed to avoid arrest by the CIA and Mossad for over 20 years. Before the 9/11 attacks, he was accountable for more American fatalities than anyone else.
Ghosts of Beirut trailer
What to expect from the mini series| Ghosts of Beirut
Ghosts of Beirut will center on the notorious terrorist Imad Mughniyeh. Since little is known about his private life, the show will delve deep into the evidence that intelligence agencies have acquired against him over the years. It will also include interviews of the officers from the CIA and Mossad as they struggled to catch the Hezbollah fanatic for more than two decades.
Who Was Mughniyeh?
Called the ‘untraceable ghost,’ Mughniyeh was a nefarious military tactician who played a prominent role in establishing Hezbollah in Lebanon. He was accused of being involved in several high-profile terrorist attacks across the world during the 80s and 90s. After evading capture for many years, he lost his life in an explosion during an international operation.
What Will the Show Feature?
One thing that makes Ghosts of Beirut so exciting is the lack of information about Mughniyeh. He was an elusive figure, though, after years of research, the writers have come up with a script that intertwines dramatic retelling of the subject’s life with real-life interviews and archived footage. It will showcase a period of deep turmoil and highlight the terrorist mastermind’s role in it.
How Closely Will It Depict Real Events?
Ghosts of Beirut is rooted in history, which means the events depicted in the series will be closer to truth than fiction. Therefore, viewers can expect to gain a deeper insight into the operations that were put together to arrest the man and the joint investigation that eventually led to his demise.
The cast of Ghosts of Beirut
The highly anticipated mini-series, “The Ghost of Beirut,” is set to captivate audiences with its gripping tale of the enigmatic Lebanese terrorist known as “The Ghost.” The production has assembled an impressive ensemble of talented actors and actresses who will bring this thrilling story to life. Here’s an introduction to the remarkable cast members of “The Ghost of Beirut”:
- Navid Negahban as Ali-Reza Asgari Navid Negahban, known for his roles in “Homeland” and “Legion,” will portray the character Ali-Reza Asgari.
- Iddo Goldberg as Teddy Iddo Goldberg, recognized for his performances in “Peaky Blinders” and “The Zookeeper’s Wife,” will play Teddy.
- Ned Bellamy as William Casey Veteran actor Ned Bellamy, who has appeared in “Being John Malkovich” and “The Paperboy,” will take on the role of William Casey.
- Yuval Scharf as Sarah Israeli actress Yuval Scharf, known for her work in “The Wonders” and “McMafia,” will portray Sarah.
- Billy Smith as Dewey Clarridge Billy Smith, recognized for his roles in various TV series and films, will play Dewey Clarridge.
- Hisham Suliman as Imad Mughniyeh (2007) Hisham Suliman, known for his work in “Fauda” and “The Looming Tower,” will portray Imad Mughniyeh in 2007.
- Amir Khoury as Imad Mughniyeh (1982) Amir Khoury, who has appeared in “The Spy” and “The Little Drummer Girl,” will play Imad Mughniyeh in 1982.
- Zineb Triki as Wafa French actress Zineb Triki, known for her roles in “The Bureau” and “Spiral,” will portray Wafa.
- Soufiane El Khalidy as Kerem Soufiane El Khalidy, who has appeared in various projects, will take on the role of Kerem.
- Mohammed Larbi Sahraoui as Nabih Berry Mohammed Larbi Sahraoui will portray Nabih Berry.
- Lydia Mark as Susan Lydia Mark will play the role of Susan.
- Hiba Bennani as Saada Hiba Bennani will portray Saada.
- Seabert Henry as Mike (CIA Chief) Seabert Henry will take on the role of Mike, the CIA Chief.
- Enja Saethren as Erika Enja Saethren will portray Erika.
- Rafi Gavron as Chet Rafi Gavron, known for his roles in “A Star Is Born” and “Snatch,” will play Chet.
- Robert Kazinsky as Steve (1982) Robert Kazinsky, recognized for his work in “True Blood” and “Pacific Rim,” will portray Steve in 1982.
- Stuart Ward as Jim Stuart Ward will take on the role of Jim.
- Youssef Tounzi as Mukhabarat Officer Youssef Tounzi will portray a Mukhabarat Officer.
With this outstanding cast lineup, “The Ghost of Beirut” is set to be an unforgettable mini-series that will keep viewers on the edge of their seats. Be sure to keep an eye out for its release and witness the incredible performances by these gifted actors and actresses.
What else can you watch on Showtime?
Showtime is considered one of the best streaming services in the United States. Here are a few shows you should check out.
The Lincon Project, American Gigolo, etc. If you like watching American dramas, check out Waco: The Aftermath, Let the Right One In, Chi, Maggie, George & Tammy, Your Honor, and The D’Amelio Show on Showtime.
Why do you need a VPN to watch Ghosts of Beirut in Canada?
Due to content licensing and geo-restrictions.
The popular streaming service Showtime is only accessible in the United States. If you reside in Canada, you will need a reliable VPN with an American IP address to watch Showtime from Canada. We have tested several VPNs, and ExpressVPN comes at the top in providing the best streaming experience.
An ExpressVPN subscription is available for $6.67/mo (12+3 months free special deal with 49% discount) and with a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can use a single ExpressVPN subscription on five devices simultaneously.
Our team of experts tested ExrepssVPN on a 100Mbps speed internet connection and got 95Mbps download and 88Mbps upload speed, perfect for unblocking Showtime and watching Ghosts of Beirut from Canada.
Can I watch Ghosts of Beirut in Canada with a free VPN?
We don’t recommend the use of free VPNs due to several reasons. A free VPN can not provide you with complete online security, leaving you open to cyber attacks. Additionally, there are no dedicated servers for premium streaming speed.
We have tested several free VPNs, and none of them were up to the mark. We often faced slow streaming speed and frequent disconnections. Therefore it is highly advised to invest in a paid VPN and watch your favorite shows on Showtime from Canada.
If you are a fan of spy thrillers based on real-life events, you should check out Ghosts of Beirut on Showtime this May. It was everything from drama and action to espionage and betrayal. As mentioned above, our team has tested ExpressVPN and NordVPN several times to watch Showtime from Canada, and both of them proved to be the best choice.
Therefore we recommend using a reliable VPN to unblock Showtime from Canada and watch Ghosts of Beirut.