With over 47 million subscribers at the end of 2022 and a subscription fee of just $7.99, it’s no wonder that Hulu has been amongst the fastest-growing streaming platforms in the world. It has everything from critically acclaimed shows like The Handmaid’s Tale to sitcoms like Community. This is why fans of these shows have been trying to figure out how to stream Hulu on Discord.
Discord started operating in 2015 and has quickly grown into one of the most popular forums and chat rooms for gamers. It is one of the most well-known websites in the world, with over 150 million users. The big plus? It is no longer limited to talking with friends; you can watch Netflix on Discord along with Disney Plus, Amazon Prime, and other streaming services.
How to Stream Hulu on Discord?
If you have been trying to figure out how to watch Hulu on Discord, then use the steps below to configure Discord for streaming:
- Launch Hulu on your preferred browser, and start streaming your favorite movie or TV show.
- Then, pause the movie or TV show and open Discord.
- In Discord, navigate to the ‘Gear’ icon in the bottom left corner to open Discord settings.
- On the Settings page, go to the ‘Activity Status’ tab in the left sidebar.
- Click the ‘Add it!’ button next to ‘Not seeing your game?’
- In the drop-down menu that appears, pick your browser and add it to the game list manually.
- Click the ‘Stream’ icon on the server where you wish to stream Hulu. OR. You can join a voice channel and then choose the browser you’re using to access Hulu from the ‘Share screen’ option in the bottom left.
- Set your desired voice channel and resolution. Without Discord Nitro, you can only stream on 720p at 30 fps. If you subscribe to Discord Nitro, Hulu on Discord is accessible in 1080p at 60 fps.
- Click the “Go Live” button to begin streaming after selecting the channel you want to stream on.
- Once you’re through, other users on the server can start a Hulu party on Discord by clicking the ‘Live’ button in the voice channels.
- You can end the watch party for all the participants inside the voice channel by using the ‘End Call’ button when you want to do so.
→ Did you know you can stream Amazon Prime on Discord?
How to stream Hulu on Discord from the United States?
The United States has unique streaming regulations and constraints compared to other countries, which may impact Hulu streaming via Discord. Despite this, we have been able to share our Hulu screen on Discord to view a variety of movies and TV series.
To guarantee total privacy, opt for a reputable VPN service that can change your IP address. We suggest subscribing to ExpressVPN to modify your IP address, ensuring you can stream Hulu content on Discord securely without encountering issues like black screens or additional cyber risks.
Use these steps to safely stream Hulu on Discord while in the United States:
1- Sign up for a reliable VPN for secure streaming (We highly recommend ExpressVPN and NordVPN after testing)
2- Download the VPN application on your preferred device. (Both ExpressVPN and NordVPN have dedicated apps for several devices like PC, Mac, and Android devices)
3- Select an American server from the country list (this step will mask your IP address)
4- Now open Hulu.com in your browser or in-app
5- Open the Discord app on your desktop PC or Mobile
6- Follow the above-mentioned steps to stream Hulu on Discord
How To Stream Hulu on Discord Without Black Screen?
The black screen is the most common concern when streaming Hulu on Discord.
Turn off hardware acceleration in your browser to avoid a black screen while watching Hulu on Discord.
The most used browsers’ methods for disabling hardware acceleration are listed below:
Steps to Disable Hardware Acceleration on Google Chrome to Stream Hulu on Discord
- Open Chrome
- Click on the vertical three-dot menu in the upper right corner.
- Select ‘Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
- Navigate to the ‘System’ tab from the left sidebar.
- Go to the ‘Advanced’ options, and click the toggle that says ‘Use hardware acceleration when available’ to turn it off.
- Restart Chrome.
Disable Hardware Acceleration on Edge to watch Hulu on Discord
- Open Microsoft Edge
- Click on the horizontal three dots menu in the upper right corner.
- Select ‘Settings’ from the menu.
- On the settings page, click on ‘System.’
- In the ‘System’ settings, click the ‘Use hardware acceleration when available’ toggle to turn it off.
- Restart Microsoft Edge.
Disable Hardware Acceleration on Mozilla Firefox to get Hulu on Discord
- Open Firefox
- Click on the horizontal three lines menu near the upper right corner.
- Navigate to the ‘Performance’ area under the ‘General’ tab.
- Uncheck the checkbox labeled ‘Use suggested performance settings.’
- Another checkbox will appear.
- Uncheck the checkbox that says, ‘Use hardware acceleration when available.’
You can use any of the above-mentioned methods to stream Disney Plus on Discord and watch amazing movies like The Avengers and The Mandalorian with your friends.
Clear the Discord Cache
A cache buildup can often block application functionality. Another thing you could do is clear your Discord cache to get rid of the Discord Hulu Black Screen. Here is how you can do it:
- Close your Discord application.
- Open the Run command box by pressing Windows + R.
- Type in “%appdata%” and click OK.
- A folder will open up.
- There will be another folder named Discord in it.
- Look for a folder called Cache.
- Delete the Cache folder.
→ Did you know you can stream HBO Max on Discord?
How to Stream Hulu on Discord on Fire TV Stick / Android TV?
You must first set up the content on Hulu and then go live on Discord to watch Hulu on Discord on your Fire TV stick. The only thing left to do is connect your PC to your TV once the Discord call has been established.
This is how you must set up a watch party on your TV or Fire TV Stick.
- Click the Alexa button on your Amazon Fire TV Remote and say “Air screen.”
- Choose the first app from the list of apps and download the Air Screen app on your Fire TV Stick. If you’re using an Android TV, then you can download the same via the Play Store.
- Open the Air Screen app once you’re finished. This will enable applications like Miracast and Chromecast on your Android TV or Fire TV stick. It is possible to skip using this software if your television already has these features built-in.
- After that, you may mirror your Laptop on Android TV using the Air screen app. The challenge is to set up the framework we developed before, enabling us to use Hulu on Discord and then Screencast.
- On your computer, set up the Hulu watch party. Now click “Project” from the action center menu in the bottom right corner of your Windows PC. You can alternatively click “Connect” and then pick the specific device you want to use.
- Now select your TV/Fire TV stick from the list.
→ Did you know you can share your Xbox screen on Discord?
There it is, a comprehensive guide to streaming Hulu on Discord without issues like a black screen. We have tested the above-mentioned steps to watch Hulu on Discord, and it worked perfectly fine. Therefore we have prepared this extensive guide for all the gamers and streamers who are looking to stream Hulu on Discord in 2023.