Even as Netflix continues to be the biggest and most popular streaming site globally, Amazon Prime has taken over the number-one spot in the US. This meteoric rise to the top for Amazon Prime has to be because of Amazon’s policy of giving Prime Video subscriptions for no cost to Amazon Prime subscribers.
One of Discord’s most popular features has to be Go Live. Discord allows users to stream whichever game they’re playing to fellow users. And even though Discord is pretty good at figuring out when you’re playing a game (and when you are not), it isn’t perfect. Hence, you can use the Go Live feature to stream Amazon Prime on Discord and have a movie night with your friends.
Let’s walk you through the process.
Can I watch Amazon Prime on Discord?
Discord users from every corner of the planet keep searching if Discord is available on Amazon Prime or if they can create a watch party and watch party and watch Prime Video movies and tv shows with friends.
We have created an extensive guide through which you can easily stream Amazon Prime Video on Discord.
How to Stream Amazon Prime on Discord PC
You can easily watch Amazon Prime on Discord with your friends and family. You just have to follow the steps below to begin configuring Discord for streaming:
- Launch Amazon Prime on your preferred browser, and start streaming your favorite movie or TV show.
- Then, pause the movie or TV show and open Discord.
- In Discord, navigate to the ‘Gear’ icon in the bottom left corner to open Discord settings.
- On the Settings page, in the left sidebar go to the ‘Activity Status’ tab.
- Click the ‘Add it!’ button next to ‘Not seeing your game?’
- In the dropdown menu that appears, pick your browser and add it to the game list manually.
- Click the ‘Stream’ icon on the server where you wish to stream Amazon Prime. OR. You can join a voice channel and then choose the browser you’re using to access Amazon Prime from the ‘Share screen’ option in the bottom left.
- Set your desired voice channel and resolution. Without Discord Nitro, only 720p at 30 fps may be streamed. If you subscribe to Discord Nitro, Amazon Prime on Discord is then accessible in 1080p at 60 fps
- Click the “Go Live” button to begin streaming after selecting the channel you want to stream on.
- Once you’re through, other users on the server can start an Amazon Prime party on Discord by clicking the ‘Live’ button in the voice channels.
- The watch party can be ended for all the participants inside the voice channel by using the ‘End Call’ button when you want to do so.
Done! Now you can easily watch your favorite Amazon Prime show on Discord. If you like watching movies and tv shows with friends, here is a complete guide to streaming Netflix on Discord without a black screen.
How to Stream Amazon Prime on Discord Without Black Screen
Now in most cases, this method works, and you can easily enjoy streaming on Discord. But, sometimes, errors show up, and problems arise.
If you’re unable to stream Amazon Prime on Discord, your broadband connection speed is to be blamed. You must have a connection speed of at least 30 Mbps in order to stream Amazon Prime Video on Discord in 720p quality. Until and unless you can ensure a strong internet connection, your stream will be of very poor quality.
All of the content on almost all streaming websites is DRM protected; you will likely come across a black screen if you’re trying to stream Amazon Prime on Discord.
Turn off hardware acceleration in your browser to avoid a black screen while watching Amazon Prime on Discord.
We have tested Chrome, Firefox, and Edge to watch HBO Max and Disney on Discord. Here are the most prominent browsers’ methods for disabling hardware acceleration are listed below:
Steps to Disable Hardware Acceleration on Google Chrome to Stream Prime Video
- Open Chrome
- Click on the vertical three-dot menu in the upper right corner.
- Select ‘Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
- Navigate to the ‘System’ tab from the left sidebar.
- Go to ‘Advanced’ options, and click on the toggle that says ‘Use hardware acceleration when available’ to turn it off.
- Restart Chrome.
Disable Hardware Acceleration on Edge to watch Prime Video
- Open Microsoft Edge
- Click on the horizontal three dots menu in the upper right corner.
- Select ‘Settings’ from the menu.
- On the settings page, click on ‘System’
- Inside the ‘System’ settings, click on the ‘Use hardware acceleration when available’ toggle to turn it off.
- Restart Microsoft Edge.
Disable Hardware Acceleration on Mozilla Firefox to Stream Amazon Prime
- Open Firefox
- Click on the horizontal three lines menu near the upper right corner.
- Navigate to the ‘Performance’ area under the ‘General’ tab.
- Uncheck the checkbox labeled ‘Use suggested performance settings.’
- Another checkbox will appear.
- Uncheck the checkbox that says, ‘Use hardware acceleration when available.’
→ Did you know you can share your PS4 screen on Discord?
How to Stream Amazon Prime on Discord on Fire TV Stick / Android TV?
Choose what you want to watch on Amazon Prime and then go live on Discord in order to watch Amazon Prime on Discord on your Fire TV stick or Android TV. Just connect your PC to your TV once the Discord call has been established.
We normally use an HDMI cable to connect our PC to the TV. This method is flawless but ineffective in this scenario. The main drawback is that no one has an HDMI cable long enough to be enjoying movies and participate in video chats all at the same time.
We can use the Chromecast or Miracast feature on the Smart TV or Fire TV stick to work around this issue.
This is how you have to go about setting up a watch party on your TV or Fire TV Stick.
- Click on the Alexa button on your Amazon Fire TV Remote and say “Air screen”.
- From the list of apps, choose the first one and download the Air screen app on your Fire TV Stick. If you’re using an Android TV then you can download the same via the Play Store.
- Open the Air screen app once you’re finished. This will fully enable applications like Miracast and Chromecast on your Android TV or Fire TV stick. It is possible to skip using this software if your television already has these features built-in, but we’d still advise you to, because of how robust it is.
- After that, you may mirror your Laptop on Android TV using the Air screen app. The challenge now is to set up the entire framework we developed before, which enables us to use Amazon Prime on Discord and then screencast.
- On your computer, set up the Amazon Prime watch party. Now click on “Project” from the action center menu in the bottom right corner of your Windows PC. You can alternatively click “Connect” and then pick the specific device you want to use.
- Now select your TV/Fire TV stick from the list.
With this technique, you may watch a movie on a big screen while talking with your friends using the webcam and microphone on your PC.
→ Did you know you can share your stream Switch on Discord?
The topic of how you can watch Amazon Prime on Discord has been thoroughly discussed. There are two popular ways to watch Prime Video on Discord in 2023, the first is with your PC or Laptop, and the second is by using your Fire TV stick or Android TV.
We have tested both of the above-mentioned methods, and they worked perfectly fine. Therefore you can now enjoy watching movies and tv shows on Discord via Amazon Prime.