The Qatar World Cup started on November 20, 2022, and is going in full swing. We saw some good matches and a number of upsets at an early stage in the world cup. Saudi Arabia defeated Argentina and Japan defeated Germany in the group stages.
If you are wondering where to watch Germany vs Spain for free from the Netherlands, you have landed on the right page. Here is a complete guide to watching Sapin vs Germany for free in the Netherlands on BBC.
Where to watch Spain vs Germany for free in Netherlands
The clash of titans is expected to happen when four-time world champions take on the Spanish team. Since BBC is a free-to-air streaming service, you can watch GER vs ESP on BBC from the Netherlands for free. Follow these steps:
- Sign up to ExpressVPN for BBC iPlayer (You’ll get three extra months free with a 12-month plan, plus a 30-day money-back guarantee)
- Download ExpressVPN on your devices of choice (iOS, Android,
Windows, Mac, and more)
- Open the app and connect to a British server
- Now open BBC.com in your browser or in-app
- Search ESP vs. GER on BBC iPlayer from Netherlands
Can I get a BBC iPlayer account in Netherlands?
Getting a BBC account in Netherlands becomes easy with a VPN. Just follow the steps to subscribe to BBC iPlayer from Netherlands.
- Get ExpressVPN for BBC iPlayer (30-day money-back guarantee)
- Connect to a British IP address (UK – Dockland)
- Open BBC.co.uk in your browser or click here
- Click on Sign in, which is located in the top left corner
- It will redirect you to another page, now click on register now
- Select your age (Below 16 or Above 16)
- Add your date of birth, email ID, and password
- Select the United Kingdom as your country and add “E16 1AD or E16 2AF” as the postal code for Dockland
- Verify your email address
- Done! now you have access to BBC iPlayer in Netherlands
Note: When you select ESP vs GER on BBC iPlayer, it will ask you, “Do you have a TV license?” JUST CLICK on “Yes, I have” and play the show. (BBC iPlayer does not verify).
Watch GER vs ESP in Netherlands| Detailed Explanation
Here are the detailed steps you need to follow the watch GER vs ESP from Netherlands for free on BBC:
1- Get ExpressVPN for BBC iPlayer
You can get three extra months free of ExpressVPN with their annual plan. That’s 15 months for the price of 12. A single subscription supports five devices simultaneously and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
2- Download the ExpressVPN app on your device
ExpressVPN supports almost all devices, including iOs, Android, Windows, Mac, Linux, and more. You can also use ExpressVPN on your smart TV or gaming consoles using their smart DNS.
3- Connect to a British Server
After downloading the ExpressVPN app, open up the ExpresVPN app and connect to a British server to get a British IP address. Since BBC is only accessible from the United Kingdom, you will need a British IP address to access it and watch ESP vs. GER from Netherlands for free.
After connecting to a British server, open BBC iPlayer in your browser or in-app and search for GER vs ESP on BBC iPlayer from the Netherlands. Now you can stream Qatar World Cup 2022 and enjoy.
Where to watch GER vs ESP with Dutch commentary in Netherlands?
If you are looking to watch Germany vs Spain in the Dutch language from Netherlands then NOS is your streaming station. Watch FIFA World Cup with Dutch commentary on Nederlandse Omroep Stichting in Netherlands.
Watching football in your own language brings all the old memories and emotions. It is best to watch FIFA World Cup with Dutch language commentary on NOS from the Netherlands.
Sapin vs Germany | A Brief History
Spain is one of the eight nations that have won the FIFA World Cup. They won the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa, the first time Spain had advanced to the final. With 16 appearances across the 22 competitions, Spain has one of the highest presences at the FIFA World Cup.
FIFA only considers the teams controlled by the German Football Association throughout Germany’s World Cup history, which spans three eras: Germany (Nazi era), West Germany, and united Germany. The German international football team has won four trophies at the FIFA World Cup, making it one of the most renowned international teams.
The 1966 FIFA World Cup match between Spain and West Germany
West Germany defeated Spain 2-1 on July 20, 1966, in a group match of the FIFA World Cup 1966. Jose Maria Fuste scored the game’s opening goal in the 22nd minute. Lothar Emmerich’s goal for West Germany in the 38th minute tied the contest. Uwe Seeler’s second goal for West Germany in the 84th minute gave West Germany the lead in the second half. Spain did not advance to the next round, while West Germany won the group stage and went on to the quarterfinals.
The 1982 FIFA World Cup match between Spain and West Germany
West Germany defeated Spain 2-1 on July 2, 1982, in a round 2 match of the 1982 FIFA World Cup. West Germany and Spain both were unable to score in the first half of the match. In the 50th minute of the game, West Germany midfielder Pierre Littbarski scored the opening goal. In the 70th minute of the game, West Germany’s attacker Klaus Fischer put his team up 2-0. In the 82nd minute, Spanish midfielder Jesus Zamora scored the goal. Spain made multiple attempts in the final few minutes to equalize the game, but they were unsuccessful. Spain got eliminated, while West Germany won the group and moved on to the semifinals.
The 1994 FIFA World Cup match between Spain and Germany
Spain and Germany tied 1-1 in a round one match in the 1994 FIFA World Cup, which was played on June 21, 1994. Goikoetxea, a midfielder for Spain, skillfully kicked the ball past German goalkeeper Bodo Illgner in the 14th minute of play to give his team a 1-0 lead.
In the 48th minute, Germany’s striker Juergen Klinsmann scores the goal. Both teams tried to win the game by adding another goal, but the score remained tied. As a result, Germany won the group, Spain came in second, and both teams advanced to the next round.
The 2010 FIFA World Cup Semifinal between the Spain and Germany
On July 07, 2010, in a semifinal of the FIFA World Cup 2010, Spain defeated Germany 1-0. Spain tried to attack throughout the game, but Germany defended itself firmly. Spain had multiple chances to score in either half, while Germany had opportunities on the counterattack. The score remained 0-0 until Spain was given a corner in the 73rd minute of the game. Carles Puyol responded to a corner kick from Xavi by heading the ball toward the goal as Manuel Neuer struggled to stop it, giving Spain the lead of 1-0. Spain then won the game and advanced to the FIFA World Cup Final for the very first time.
Fixtures of Group E- Qatar World Cup
|Wed, Nov. 23||Germany vs. Japan||8 a.m.||Japan Won|
|Wed, Nov. 23||Spain vs. Costa Rica||11 a.m.||Spain Won|
|Sun, Nov. 27||Japan vs. Costa Rica||5 a.m.||Ahmad Bin Ali|
|Sun, Nov. 27||Spain vs. Germany||2 p.m.||Al Bayt|
|Thurs, Dec. 1||Japan vs. Spain||2 p.m.||Khalifa Int’l|
|Thurs, Dec. 1||Costa Rica vs. Germany||2 p.m.||Al Bayt|
The German Squad & Stats For Qatar World Cup 2022
- Germany FIFA world ranking: No. 11
- Regional ranking: 9th (UEFA)
- World Cup titles: 4
- Coach: Hansi Flick (Germany) since July 2021
- Key players: Joshua Kimmich (Bayern Munich / Germany), Kai Havertz (Chelsea / England), Serge Gnabry (Bayern Munich / Germany)
The German Football Team for Qatar World Cup 2022
The official team for Germany has not been announced. Here is the list of players in the German square:
- GK: Manuel Neuer, Bayern Munich
- GK: Kevin Trapp, Eintracht Frankfurt
- GK: Marc-Andre ter Stegen, Barcelona
- DF: Thilo Kehrer, West Ham
- DF: Niklas Sule, Borussia Dortmund
- DF: Lukas Klostermann, RB Leipzig
- DF: Christian Gunter, SC Freiburg
- DF: Armel Bella-Kotchap, Southampton
- DF: David Raum, RB Leipzig
- DF: Antonio Rudiger, Real Madrid
- DF: Nico Schlotterbeck, Borussia Dortmund
- DF: Matthias Ginter, Freiburg
- MF: Joshua Kimmich, Bayern Munich
- MF: Mario Gotze, Eintracht Frankfurt
- MF: Jonas Hofmann, Borussia Monchengladbach
- MF: Julian Brandt, Borussia Dortmund
- MF: Leon Goretzka, Bayern Munich
- MF: Ilkay Gundogan, Manchester City
- MF: Kai Havertz, Chelsea
- MF: Jamal Musiala, Bayern Munich
- FW: Leroy Sane, Bayern Munich
- FW: Thomas Muller, Bayern Munich
- FW: Serge Gnabry, Bayern Munich
- FW: Karim Adeyemi, Borussia Dortmund
- FW: Niclas Fullkrug, Werder Bremen
- FW: Youssoufa Moukoko, Borussia Dortmund
Spain Football Team Stats
- Current FIFA world ranking: No. 6
- Regional ranking: 4th (UEFA)
- World Cup titles: 1
- World Cup appearances: 15
- How qualified: UEFA Group B winners: 6W-1L-1D
- Coach: Luis Enrique (Spain)
- Key players: Pedri (Barcelona / Spain), Rodri (Manchester City / England), Aymeric Laporte (Manchester City / England)
Spain Football Team for Qatar World Cup 2022
- GK: Unai Simon, Athletic Bilbao
- GK: Robert Sanchez, Brighton
- GK: David Raya, Brentford
- DF: Cesar Azpilicueta, Chelsea
- DF: Dani Carvajal, Real Madrid
- DF: Eric Garcia, Barcelona
- DF: Pau Torres, Villarreal
- DF: Jordi Alba, Barcelona
- DF: Jose Luis Gaya, Valencia
- DF: Hugo Guillamon, Valencia
- DF: Aymeric Laporte, Manchester City
- MF: Sergio Busquets, Barcelona
- MF: Rodri, Manchester City
- MF: Gavi, Barcelona
- MF: Pedri, Barcelona
- MF: Carlos Soler, PSG
- MF: Koke, Atletico Madrid
- MF: Marcos Llorente, Atletico Madrid
- FW: Pablo Sarabia, PSG
- FW: Nico Williams, Athletic Bilbao
- FW: Marco Asensio, Real Madrid
- FW: Alvaro Morata, Atletico Madrid
- FW: Ferran Torres, Barcelona
- FW: Yeremy Pino, Villarreal
- FW: Danny Olmo, RB Leipzig
Where to get tickets for ESP vs GER?
The tickets for every game are available on FIFA’s official website. The ticket price varies from category to category and game to game. All tickets are sold in Qatari riyal (QAR) and are available at the ticket center in Doha or you can purchase them online. Here is the breakdown of the ticket prices for the Qatar World Cup:
Price in Dollar (2018 World Cup)
Price in QAR/Dollar (2022 World Cup)
|Opening match||$220-$550||QAR 250 ($69) – QAR 800 ($220)|
|Another group matches||$105-$210||QAR 250 ($69) – QAR 800 ($220)|
|Round of 16||$115-$245||QAR 350 ($96) – QAR 1000 ($250)|
|Quarterfinals||$175-$365||QAR 750 ($205) – QAR 1500 ($425)|
|Semi-Finals||$285-$750||QAR 1300 ($357) – QAR 3480 ($995)|
|Final||$175-$365||QAR 2200 ($605) – QAR 3650 ($1002)|
There are a total of four categories in the ticketing segment, with the fourth being the cheapest and reserved for Qatar residents. Here is a category breakdown of tickets in USD:
|Group Matches (2-48)||$220||$165||$69||$11|
|Round of 16 (49-56)||$275||$206||$96||$1+|
|Opening Match & Ceremony||$618||$440||$302||$55|
|Matches for 3rd/4th place||$426||$302||$206||$80|
We have listed the best possible way to watch GER vs. ESP for free from Netherlands. You can watch all matches of the Qatar World Cup on BBC with an ExpressVPN subscription. Another big match is expected when the United States takes on England.
You can also watch Eng vs USA in Netherlands for free with ExpressVPN. We have tested ExpressVPN to watch BBC from Netherlands, and it worked perfectly. Therefore we highly recommend it to all our readers.